So Eileen's guide to writing history would consist of the following tips:-
- Always question the official version of events. There is bound to be something suppressed you can uncover.
- Always ask ordinary people for their recollections of events (unlike the Queen and her Council who only ask the more nobly born).
- Write as you speak. Be blunt. Give your opinions. Don't water them down for anyone.
- Always write your history giving the context and background behind it.
- Don't assume anyone is the bad guy before you start writing.