- You will never try to out-magic the Queen. (Unless you want to die suddenly).
- You won't get into an argument with Eileen. She probably won't kill you but (a) you can't be certain of that as so much depends on her mood and (b) she will insist on having the last word. It is more likely you'll die of extreme old age and/or terminal boredom here.
- You won't show new magical skills off in front of your social superiors. They will put you down, literally if they feel your new skills might threaten them and/or their position.
- You will read and memorise the classic fairy tales. (This at least is an enjoyment commandment).
- You won't take Roherum seriously. Nobody else does. His idea of an intelligent question is to ask someone else how clever they are!
- Don't try to cross-breed magical plants. The results are likely to be disastrous, explosive, fatal and so on. Magical plants were made to treat certain conditions that affect fairy and other folk. Crossing these qualities won't necessarily intensify the positive effects of the plants. It is more likely to produce effects that give the worst of the two or more plants chosen for such an experiment.
- Don't eat/drink too much magically produced food/drink. Everyone in the magical world agrees freshly produced food is healthier, better tasting and ingesting magic is best done in small quantities.
- You will not expose the existence of the Fairy Kingdom if permitted to travel to other worlds. (Do you really want your homeland invaded by alien beings?).
- You won't get into fights with the sprite communities. They always relish fighting and would love to drag other magical types down to their level. Best not go there. You won't hear the last of it if you do (and are likely to be made to pay for any damage).
- You will dress appropriately for your magical species and for when visiting the Palace.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.