- Amphibian transformation. Whether you prefer to turn people into frogs, newts, toads or whatever is up to you but this is a basic spell for all fairy godmothers to know. You are bound to have to use it against someone.
- Invisibility. It remains one of the best ways of checking up on enemies.
- Mind Reading/Blocking. The idea being you read others' minds while keeping yours blocked so nobody can read yours.
- Clothing/Shoes Creation. Though it is important to get the exact details right. Glass slippers really were not a good idea. The original idea of fur slippers would have been much more comfortable and in these times when people care more about animal welfare, fake fur slippers are the real answer.
- Flying. You have to be able to meet your own transport needs whether you use a broomstick (there's no rule anywhere saying these are just for witches, it is just tradition) or use your own wing power.
Any fairy godmother worthy of the name will be expert in a wide range of spells. Some of the most useful include:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.