- You discover a gold ring with a strange inscription on it. No good ever comes out of finding objects like this.
- A wizard turns up on your doorstep and tells you about a quest you're about to go on. He then tells you that you can't really refuse as there are dark forces after you already. He hopes you can pack quickly.
- You decide to go out for a nice walk with your family and don't spot the golden haired girl who sneaks into your house. You should have (a) had your breakfast before going out and (b) locked the doors and windows so nobody could get in, though on the plus side you won't repeat this mistake.
- Four human children suddenly turn up in your world and you find they know about Aslan. If you are the White Witch, this is not good news.
- You find you are being pursued by dark forces and you wonder what you did to deserve this. (Answer: nothing. Nobody ever said the magical world had to be fair. Just as well really - it isn't).
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.