- Most fairytales have a kernel of truth in them (so we should learn from them).
- Most fairytales have a clear sense of right and wrong (and that can be reassuring in a world where that sense seems to have gone).
- There is a clear moral message to them which again we should learn from.
- Characters don't get away with their villainy. (Oh if only that could be said in life!)
- Characters are usually rewarded for their heroism or for doing the right thing in other ways.
I think reading fairytales (traditional and modern) is important because:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.