- Don't upset the harmless looking old man/lady. They're likely to be a wizard, witch or fairy godmother and don't take to insults kindly.
- The animals are likely to talk. It pays not to upset them either. They've still got their animal tendencies. So bear this in mind if you come across three bears. Bears are excellent killers.
- Never eat or drink anything that might have been tampered with - magically or otherwise. Best to assume everything you come across has been tampered with and take plenty of supplies. Also pays not to have too long a visit so you don't have to carry too much with you.
- It is not uncommon for creatures, especially birds, to act as spies. So act honourably and be discreet so they have nothing to report on as far as you are concerned.
- Insects, spiders etc are likely to be giant versions of what you would find on Earth. They also tend to be meat eaters and love fresh supplies so stay well clear.
Everyone needs helpful hints and tips when travelling. If you're visiting another world (as you do), then these might tips might make the difference to whether you get back home in one piece or not. So for visiting any magical realm, it would pay to:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.