- They get at least one prediction (and usually more) that they are going to die.
- They spot other characters ordering mourning clothes.
- Their life insurance salesman stops visiting.
- The ones closest to them (spouse/partner, children, etc) are suddenly shown greater kindness than normal by neighbours and friends. This is a sure sign something is up or is about to be.
- They discover they are the chosen one to go a quest, hence items 1 to 4 above.
Warning signs for a character to be able to tell they are in trouble can include the following:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.