- Courage. There are plenty who wouldn't face a witch, fairy godmothers do so regularly. This means courage is vital to deal with the witch (whether it is just to ignore her insults or put a suitable spell on her to ensure she can't cause trouble again).
- An appreciation of gardening and wildlife. Comes in handy for pumpkin fans and those fairy godmothers wondering just what inanimate object they could use next to provide transportation for their ill-treated goddaughter.
- The ability to move fast. Whether it is running, or to take particular action, the fairy godmother will not suffer from hesitation. She will just get on and do what she considers to be her ultimte task.
- The ability to keep calm. Useful in relation to point 1 above but, in general terms, this is crucial, especially when magic is likely to be about.
- Decent training and equipment. Is there a job anywhere in the world that doesn't have this requirement as one of their very basics?
What every fairy godmother (or at least those who hope to get anywhere in their chosen profession) would want/need to see in their armoury would include:-
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.