- Transformation. Everything from pumpkins into coaches to rags into posh dresses. (Though slippers need some working on).
- Tackling Villainy. This usually involves blasting some wicked witch or wizard to the next world.
- Undermining Curses. Though the wise fairy godmother would have told royal parents it was a complete waste of time removing all spindles and spinning wheels from the Kingdom as nothing but nothing will stop a spell from coming true. What you want is a fairy godmother coming to the rescue to undermine a curse. It is the only way round it.
- Invisibility. Can be useful to work out what enemy witches are up to so the wise fairy godmother can plan in advance how to undermine the planned curses. This is risky since all witches can detect when an invisibility spell has been used so the fairy godmother has to ensure the witch she is spying on is suitably distracted to stand any chance of this ploy working.
- Dragon Tackling Spells. This always involve blasting the dragon to smithereens before it gets a chance to blast the fairy godmother to smithereens.
All magical beings have their favourite spells (the ones they're best at!). A poll commissioned by the Fairy News Network amongst fairy godmothers found their favourite spells were:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.