- Courage - you are bound to face wicked fairy godmothers, witches and so on who will at best get in your way and at worst try to kill you.
- Determination - to do the right thing and meet the highest professional standards for fairy godmothering.
- Inventiveness - it takes imagination to be able to see a pumpkin or a rat and realise you can do something magical with these raw ingredients. The more imagination you have, the more inventive you will be. And you will never run out of things to use for said raw ingredients!
- Honesty - Your clients need to be able to trust you, otherwise they won't do as you ask. (Don't rely on accurate timekeeping by your clients though. It hasn't happened yet. It appears to be a generic weakness).
- Commitment - To your craft and your clients to get the best out of both.
- Dedication - Not quite the same as 5. Here I mean dedication to practising your magical skills day in and day out in the same way a writer or athlete would practise their crafts, knowing they've got to do this if they want to get anywhere.
- Willingness to Research - To recognise new developments in magical technology and spells and be prepared to use the best of these for your own work. To not necessarily stick to the old ways as sometimes at least new methods can improve on efficient working, how much magical energy you use per spell and so on.
- Loyalty - Usually to the fairy monarchy but generally to the way fairy godmothers work individually and as a collective. You would not act in a disloyal way to any fairy godmother doing their work (unless they had decided to become a force for evil, in which case you've got no choice but to resist that unless you want to be tarred with the same brush).
- Being able to anticipate - Okay crystal balls can be useful for spying on what your magical neighbours are doing but the problem here is they will be doing the same to you. You can't beat personal knowledge of what other fairy godmothers and witches are like and are capable of so you can anticipate when they might do something rotten. That puts you in good stead to stop what they are doing or, if that is not entirely possible, to weaken it. Sleeping Beauty has good cause to be grateful to her fairy godmother here.
- Reaction times - These should be fast. You've got to be able to be quick on the draw with your wand - if you want to survive, that is.
top 10 traits for fairy godmothers
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.