- What is your most basic trait? Courage? Cowardice? Honesty? Deception?
- What motivates you the most and why?
- What do you want and why?
- What are you prepared to do to get what you want?
- What is your attitude to your family and friends and why?
- How do you react to other characters and why?
- Do you have a sense of humour and, if so, how does it show itself?
- Are you easy to get along with or do other characters have to dig deep before really getting to know you? What do you think has caused you to be like this?
- Do you have any hidden secrets and, if so, what would you do if they were revealed? Why are they hidden in the first place? Who hid them?
- What is your attitude when things go wrong?
I don't write out a full character biography for my "people" though I can understand why some writers find this helpful. I do ask myself questions about my characters though. This is by no means the be all and end all of lists but I find it's a useful starting point.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.