- Everyone knows their place in society as a whole and their village/town locally.
- A basic struggle of fairytale heroes/heroines is to cross barriers and to be able to wed way above their "punching weight". This is particularly true of Cinderella.
- There is always a magical villain. Witches never come out of it well.
- There is always a magical hero/heroine. They do come out of it well.
- There is always someone who think they can handle magic and it turns out they can't. (Though it tends to lead to a wonderful spotlessly clean floor!).
- The deserving are always ill-treated in some way (usually by a step parent or sibling) but will make good in the end.
- The undeserving, though they may seem to do well at first, will get their comeuppance. This can be quite comforting to those who are their victims but patience is a must. Nobody says it has to happen quickly.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.