- Eileen blocking the Witch's plans. Not only is this frustrating in itself, it also brings home to the Witch that she will probably have to kill Eileen. The two were close as children and Eileen has shown sympathy to some of the Witch's family dilemmas so getting rid of the fairy godmother permanently is not a clear cut thing for the Witch.
- The Queen. The Witch honestly believes she should be on the Fairy Kingdom throne.
- Hanastrew and the fairy squad. They're getting far too good at their job. Their intense training (Eileen trained Hanastrew who then trained the others) shows.
- Brankaresh, Chief Wizard. The Witch knows he's a treacherous sod. From someone who is no stranger to treachery and intrigue herself, this is not a compliment, but just an acknowledgement someone else is good at this. It's that she really hates.
- Not being able to get hold of spell ingredients quickly enough. Even intimidation doesn't work on some of the Witch's sources. Some ingredients have become rare thanks to past magical wars making certain areas within the Fairy Kingdom barren.
The Chief Witch has hundreds of hates but her top five are:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.