- You meet three talking bears when out on a pleasant forest walk. This means you have either got hopelessly lost and have ended up in the fairytale dimension (that won't show up on any sat nav) or you have eaten/drunk something you definitely shouldn't have. Not good news either way.
- A farmhouse flattens the woman walking towards you (who had been wearing a black pointed hat). Again you have got lost and you are in a world where falling masonry is not enough. It has to be the full building. Definitely time to get out of there. Now if only you could remember how you got here in the first place...
- You spot your first dragon, worse still it has spotted you, and then you remember these things are not vegetarian. I hope you're good at running.
- You are asked by a passing stranger about your magical powers. Now if you're sensible, you won't admit to being totally lacking in these. You will say something about the necessity of being discreet. That's the only hope you've got that the stranger (almost certainly a wizard in disguise) won't kill you. The moment you admit to weakness here, you are done for.
- You spot your first unicorn. Sadly it is enraged and heading your way... time to see just how good you are at running then.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.