- Offending some harmless looking old lady/man and discovering far too late they are in fact a powerful witch/wizard.
- Having farmhouses fall out of the sky without warning.
- Being sent on a quest fall of danger and adventure. (Companions are always sought for this kind of thing. If you like a quiet life, don't go).
- Getting lost and then finding you've wandered into troll/ogre territory.
- Getting caught in the middle of a magical feud. (Course you have no idea about this and literally wander in innocently).
- Picking up and absorbing spare magic flying around, you will have no control over what that turns you into!
- Discovering the locals really loathe anyone non-magical.
- Or discovering they love and curious about the non-magical. This means you become an exhibit but it is far better than just being dead!
- Ending up as an apprentice to some wizard.
- Dropping crystal balls on your foot. It will hurt.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.