- As the evenings draw in and the nights become longer, your chances of sighting a witch out on her rounds are greatly increased.
- Chances of spotting old apple women selling suspiciously bright red apples are also high.
- Sprites will get drunk on cider as opposed to beer.
- Various species have bonfires to clear garden rubbish and as an excuse to entertain but most are wary of any kind of fire until they have established for themselves that the fire was not caused by a dragon.
- Wizards will show off their magical abilities with fireworks at this time of year. The Queen holds a celebration of the best. It once was a competition but the inter-wizard rivalry became so intense she felt it best just to celebrate the best fireworks of each wizard taking part and so reduce tensions.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.