- Snow White. Beware of strangers bearing gifts! Don't underestimate dwarves either.
- Cinderella. Welcome stranger (fairy godmother) bearing gifts! Also if she wants a pumpkin, best you go fetch her a pumpkin and don't argue. Patience is a virtue.
- The Little Match Girl. Poverty is vile. So is death.
- The Ugly Ducking. Don't judge by appearances. Also beauty can often appear later. Be true to yourself.
- Sleeping Beauty. Double check your guest list and ensure you have included everybody. When banning spinning wheels, double check you really have got rid of the lot.
Fairytales have messages. Some are blatant, others are more subtle (with those you may not realise you have picked up a message until after you have read whole story) but some messages include:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.