- I wonder what this ring with the strange writing does. Don't get involved! Before you know it, you will be on a life threatening quest to Mordor (which will never feature in any Best Ficitonal Worlds to Visit Guide).
- I'll ask that old lady in the pointed hat for directions. She looks friendly. And she is probably the owner of a gingerbread house. She'll give you directions all right - to her oven.
- I'll go and visit that cottage where the Three Bears came out. It will be quiet with them gone. It won't be when they get back and see what you have done to the place. Having gone through this once, they won't be so tolerant this go.
- I wonder if this mirror will show up my blemishes. Yes it will and it will give you a running commentary on each and every one of them. You will end up feeling depressed. Best to ignore the mirror. It can inflict its caustic comments on someone else.
- That shiny red apple really is glowing. Is it a GM crop? No but it has been magically "enhanced". Never eat anything if you don't know where it has come from, especially in a magical world.
What you don't want to hear...
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.