- It doesn't take long for you to meet your first witch or wizard. They've usually got a wand or other magical implement aimed at you.
- It doesn't take you long to come across your first mythical beast. If you're lucky, they're friendly and may even help you explore the world you've landed in. If you're unlucky, you're about to be dragon fodder.
- Villages are eerily silent (which ought to tell you immediately there is a monster of some sort in the vicinity).
- Food and drink do strange things to your height. For more on this see Alice in Wonderland.
- You soon spot that everyone else around you accepts talking animals are normal.
Whether you have a malfunctioning Tardis or a sudden storm hits you in Kansas and you end up in a different world, you need to know for sure whether this new world is magical or not so you know to be on your guard. Some classic signs you really are in a magical world include:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.