- Kill whatever savage beast is threatening a village somewhere. Usually a dragon, sometimes an ogre. All that changes is what spell Hanastrew uses against the threat.
- Eat chocolate. Hanastrew believes chocolate is the best thing the Fairy Kingdom has ever imported from Earth.
- Practice spells, keep wands fully charged, top up from the Fountain of Youth etc. All of these help keep the fighting fairy godmother in tip top condition and in a state of battle readiness.
- Tune in to see Roherum's latest inane statements on the Fairy News Network. Hanastrew does this to have a laugh basically.
- Check the in-depth FNN weather forecast. The forecast gives the usual predictions plus things like wind speed (and how it might affect someone casting a spell) and the likelihood of sudden tornadoes either whisking someone off to a foreign world or dumping someone from Earth (usually Kansas) in the fairy realm itself.
Hanastrew, like her mentor, Eileen, has a range of duties to carry out but certain things are always on the To Do List. Some of these are:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.