- Of course I'll take the basket of goodies to Grandma's house. (What is there to be afraid of when walking through a forest because someone has not told me that there's a big bad and talking wolf around?).
- Of course I won't mind dancing in glass slippers, fairy godmother. (Yes, I am grateful I can go to the ball but glass slippers? Really? What makes me think these things are going to hurt if I don't watch my steps carefully?).
- There's a house with three chairs, three beds and three ready prepared bowls of porridge in it. Of course I'll pop in. What could possibly go wrong? (Someone needs to put their head in gear for this one. Anyone leaving pre-prepared meals behind and ready to eat really isn't going to be that far away).
- Okay, I've got to live in this tower and never cut my hair. Hmm... (Rapunzel wonders just what her "carer" is up to - or more accurately should have wondered!).
- Right that's the invitations to our baby princess's christening sorted out. Of course I've included everyone. What kind of numbskull do you think I am? (Either of Sleeping Beauty's parents, secretaries etc and ideally all of them really should have double checked and treble checked that guest list. If in doubt, they should have asked the fairy godmothers they had invited to double check one of their number or closely affiliated magical being had not been left out).
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.