- Cinderella. Poor girl makes good and marries royalty, though wonders why fairy godmother took so long to turn up.
- Snow White. Poisoned apple no deterrent to long and happy marriage, says Snow White.
- The Ugly Duckling. Judging on appearances inherently flawed, says remarkably fluent swan.
- Little Red Riding Hood. Always go to Grandma's house with an armed escort or there'll be trouble, advises grocery delivery girl.
- The Three Little Pigs. Always get in decent building materials and never trust hairy strangers asking to be let into your house.
- The Snow Queen. Never take lifts with cold-hearted strangers and know who your true friends are.
- Rapunzel. Conditioner is vital for giving your hair body and strength and you never know when that might be useful.
- Sleeping Beauty. Always invest in a quality mattress if your sleep time is vital to you and don't trust old women at spinning wheels.
- Mother Goose. Don't mention pate de fois grae.
- Robin Hood. Archery practice and intelligence vital for outwitting the Sheriff of Nottingham, though thankfully he never did set the target that high - well for Robin it wasn't high.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.