- Girl seen rushing out of Palace. What has she stolen? This would be from the more right wing based kind of paper who would assume anyone rushing out of anywhere is clearly up to no good (or just has been!).
- Health and Safety Fear over Spinning Wheels. Government enforces Ban. This story would come in for heavy criticism from periodicals like To the Needlepoint Magazine . (There would be accusations of scaremongering. Just because on bad tempered magical being cursed a royal christening, does it mean all spinning wheel users should be treated as criminals?).
- Big Bad Wolf spotted near you! For those more sensationalist papers who like to whip up a witch hunt (or in this case big bad wolf hunt).
- Three Little Pigs Share New Cauldron Recipe. Given this recipe is freshly boiled wolf, Vegetarian Weekly are going to give this story a miss but it may go down well with those newspapers who like their rough justice tales.
- Cow Seen Jumping Over Moon. Once a paper had established whoever reported this had not been on drugs or drink and even had photos of the event, they would run it. Everyone likes a novelty animal story.
What would make the news headlines in a fairytale/magical world? Some suggestions and reactions include:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.