- Everything You Need to Know about Pumpkins and Their Use in Magic. Some fairy godmothers (namely Cinderella's) would find this the most useful book in their possession. Others would use pumpkins in recipes.
- Wand Size - Does it Matter? Some wizards (the more insecure I'd argue) might be interested in this one.
- How to Fly Comfortably on a Broomstick. The simple answer is nobody can, you are sitting on a stick when all is said and done, but that doesn't stop the manufacturers trying to claim their model is better in this department than that of another. Nor does it stop opportunistic authors trying to earn a living by giving general tips here. It's a little like the magical world equivalent of a how-to-write book. They know there's always a market for books like this.
- Voice Coaching - How to Perfect that Cackle. Ideal for the beginner witch who wants to get her "sound" right. There's no good bewitching someone if you haven't got the right cackle to go with it. Every fairytale witch knows you've got to sound convincing.
- House Building and Confectionery - A Dream Concoction or a Soggy Mess in the Wet Weather? Says it all really. Hansel and Gretel's "host" would have done well to have taken heed of the warning in this title. Mind, she would also have done well to get her eyes tested. That way she wouldn't have been shoved into an oven.
BOOKS FOR THE MAGICAL WORLD
As well as standard spell and charm books and the classic fairytales, what books could you expect to find on the shelves of your average magical being? Some of my suggestions would be:-
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.