- Assuming you are the Fairy Queen seeking to get the best out of your governing Council, make every effort to befriend and get on well with every member of that Council.
- Keep meetings short. That goes down well with everyone.
- Meet the Council outside of formal meetings - e.g. have odd meals together and so on. It does build bonds.
- Ensure the Council meeting room is heated comfortably. Nobody likes sitting in a draught.
- Ensure the Council are well fed and content before the meeting. It makes for a better occasion. You also don't have people rushing business through because they are hungry and desperate to get to the canteen.
- Make sure you know the weaknesses of each Council member. You are bound to want to exploit these at times.
- It is crucial to know which Council member gets on particularly well with other Council members. They will form an alliance and, if necessary, against you as Fairy Queen.
- Keep minutes short and to the point. Nobody likes reading more than they have to.
- Keep Roherum and FNN out out of all Council meetings. They won't contribute anything useful and will only get in the way. Besides do you really want the whole realm to see just how dull such meetings are?
- Ensure you know what Council members get up to in their spare time. Are any of them liable to be prone to blackmail? This information could be useful.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.