- We don't have that many fairy godmothers, wizards etc turning up at ours.
- Acrobatic flying displays in the magical realm are put on by the fairy godmothers, witches keen to show off their flying skills on a broom etc and not by the Red Arrows.
- There is a wider variety of fish in the seas in the magical world and the colours of them are more vivid.
- Nobody but nobody, not even the darkest Lord, would dream of littering the beach or clogging up the sea with plastic in the magical realm. Some things are just beyond the pale...
- Fighting on the beaches in the magical realm always ends up with someone being transformed into something they hadn't anticipated. In really bad cases, it's a case of being transformed from alive to dead.
- Nobody has trouble lighting a barbecue in the magical realm. Even the lowliest of sprites knows a fire starting spell (though many wish they didn't).
- Swimming is less popular in the magical realm (some fairies hate getting their wings wet).
- Nobody in the magical realm understands why some of us like Punch and Judy given it is a tale about domestic violence.
- Sand comes in multi colours (and nobody would dream of putting it in bottles and selling it at inflated prices to people).
- Icecream is as popular in the magical world as it is here because the Fairy Kingdom "borrowed" the concept (i.e. nicked it and the sprite communities are usually the ones who sell the stuff).
The main differences between a day out at the beach here and in the magical realm are:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.