- To turn offenders into porcelain ranging from very common pottery for very common criminals to fine china for those of a higher rank who err. The Queen is specific about choosing what is suitable for those who cross her. (Eileen turns anyone into an amphibian and has done with it).
- The Queen is interested in art of all kinds and will use magic to help her enhance her own efforts at landscape painting. This is a secondary hobby compared to her love of gardening but she produces a landscape once every quarter. She will use magic to help her produce a depth of colour she does not feel she can produce on her own. Eileen, naturally, sees this as cheating and has said so and is yet another reason why she is not always popular with her cousin.
- The Queen will sometimes use a spell on her Council to get them to speed up their speeches during meetings. L'Evallier hates this and ensures she never has to use it on him. He is well aware that in a way she has won here. Eileen does admire the Queen for this and would do the same herself if she were monarch.
- The Queen will use spells to conjure up food (especially chocolate based items) if she is too engrossed in paperwork to arrange for her staff to bring it to her or if it is at an awkward time or if she really wants to be on her own. Hanastrew does not really approve because it is widely believed in the Kingdom that magic does taint food and nothing can beat fresh, natural food.
- The Queen likes using a good invisibility spell and uses this regularly, partly to help her ensure she does get some privacy when she wants it. The Council do not approve and point out they need to be able to reach her at any time. The Queen's response is she will simply reappear if they seem to be "flapping around like headless chickens". That did not go down well. It led Eileen to suggest her cousin develop a "be more tactful" spell only for the Queen to point out that Eileen could do with beta testing such a spell first. That did not go down well either.
Unlike Eileen who has a list of spells to help her do her job as fairy godmother efficiently, the Queen is interested in magic for its own sake and likes to use it creatively. (Eileen literally thinks that a bit airy-fairy and won't have anything to do with it. For her, magic must do a specific job and either get her out of trouble or land some low life element right in it!). The Queen's favourite spells are:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.