- A strange hurricane deposits a girl and her dog on the path just ahead of you. That same hurricane deposits a farmhouse on top of the local witch. Turn round immediately if you want to avoid trouble. Someone is not going to be happy about the death of that witch and you don't want to get in the way when that said someone seeks vengeance over it.
- You witness a fairy godmother turning a pumpkin into a coach. Think twice when ordering pumpkin soup in any cafe you then visit. How are you to know it really did start life as a pumpkin? It could've been anything in its time (and probably has been).
- You come across a smart alec talking cat and/or talking wolf. You quickly realise they're more intelligent than you are. This is not good. Go and visit elsewhere so nobody else gets to make the comparison.
- You get an invitation to a croquet match. You decide to go. You discover you are meant to play the game with flamingoes and hedgehogs. You support animal rights. Get out of there. It is the only thing you can do. And anyone mad enough to set up a game like this is mad enough to do almost anything. Again you don't want to be in the way.
- Three little pigs seek your advice on building materials. Tell them to stick to brick. (At this point if you are a meat eater and you happen to have brought bacon sandwiches with you, it would be tactful to save having your lunch when you're alone again. Just a thought).
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.