- What do your characters do when under extreme pressure? (What is the first of their virtues to suddenly bite the dust?).
- What laws do your government(s) bring in to cope with emergencies? (What freedoms and rights suddenly bite the dust?).
- What good qualities does your hero/heroine suddenly discover they've got in response to a quest or other task they know they've got to see through no matter what?
- What would it take for your hero/heroine to either break or compromise with evil?
- What would your fictional world do to defend itself (and what could threaten it)?
- What is the driving force behind your characters' motivations and actions?
- Are the media still free to operate in an emergency situation or do new rules come in?
- How do the "good guys" remain "good guys"? What do they do to fight the temptation to compromise with evil?
- What triggers the "push"? Who or what is behind the threats to your fictional worlds ?
- Are your characters better for having been put through so much pressure or have they caved in and what are the consequences?
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.