- Bad-tempered dragons. Mind, my Eileen does wonder if there are any that are not bad tempered.
- Interfering witches/fairy godmothers. Which of these it is depends which side of the divide you're on.
- Wisecracking talking animals who clearly know more than you do. Nobody wants to be shown up by a wisecracking squirrel.
- Magic going wrong. The innocent are always on the receiving end of this. No evil witch or wizard has this issue. Mind, that is because they make sure their spells are well tested, usually on some poor soul(s), before launching them in public.
- Having magical aid coming too late. Cinderella's fairy godmother is just one example of poor timekeeping, she should've come to the aid of her goddaughter years earlier.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.