- We took a wrong turn and are heading straight into dragon country. They've spotted us by the way. We can't outrun them.
- This creepy looking house is the only place to stay for miles. We either risk it (and hope there are no monsters inside) or stay outside and face the monsters that definitely do live out there. Your call, people.
- Yes, that witch is in charge of our catering arrangements. She specialises in fruit dishes. Likes to use big red shiny apples. Why are you looking at me like that? Snow White happened years ago... The witch HAS moved on - well, that is what she has told me.
- What could possibly go wrong staying in such a sweet looking gingerbread house? (Word to the Wise: don't bother trying to explain to the guide. They get a commission from every stay in said gingerbread house, though it is not clear who they get it from and they always refuse to say on grounds of client confidentiality. If you get out of this alive, next year book a coach trip to the seaside or something...).
- Yes, the Three Bears definitely have gone for a walk in the woods. They will be AGES, people, simply AGES. (Word to the Wise: no, they won't).
You are visiting a magical world. You have an excellent tour guide. And then, by the look on their face, you can tell something is up. What you don't want to hear them say is:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.