- Pride and Prejudice. Eileen would love the irony and wit of Jane Austen but the title alone here would remind her of the Queen and herself given both fairies are full of both qualities!
- The Lord of the Rings. Eileen would cheer on the hobbits on their epic quest, not be at all surprised at Saraman's behaviour and generally see this book as a documentary of what life in a magical work is like rather than as a work of fiction.
- Bleak Expectations. What Eileen expects from the Queen (though in general Eileen would love Dickens and his social commentaries).
- Simon Schama's History of Britain series. To bring Eileen up to date with the background of the country she's adopted.
- War of the Worlds. Again something else Eileen would see as a documentary until she actually read it.
Of course since Eileen's defection to Earth, she does have access to libraries and bookshops. Some of her favourite books would include:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.