- Sleeping Beauty - Why weren't you suspicious when you suddenly come across a spinning wheel when, for the rest of your life, you had not? Did you not think to query where it had come from and why? Or at least go back to your parents and ask them what this thing was and why you hadn't seen one before? They could've told you!
- Little Red Riding Hood - I don't care what world it is but talking wolves are definitely not normal, so why did you tell him you were going to grandma's? Did it not occur to you that said talking wolf might, being a carnivore, eat said grandma? You did know wolves aren't vegetarian?
- Cinderella - I know I've mentioned this before but you really should have challenged your fairy godmother as to why she hadn't turned up sooner. There is no explanation for that. Does she like to see her goddaughter suffer or what? (I'd really query this given glass slippers would've been hell on the feet to walk in, yet alone to try to dance in).
- The Little Mermaid (the original Andersen version, not the Disney one) - Why were you so restless, wanting something no other mermaid has desired before or since? Did it not occur to you the sea witch was bound to extract a very heavy price for helping you?
- Goldilocks - You greedy, selfish mare. What gave you the right to vandalise someone else's home?
You'll have gathered by now, given the last couple of posts, I have a theme developing here! So if you really want to annoy a fairytale hero/heroine, you could say something along the lines of:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.