- Don't forget to invite anyone important, especially if it is to a christening.
- If you are that important being who was forgotten, don't curse the infant princess whose christening you have turned up for in a huff. Some interfering busybody will weaken that curse and you will just look vindictive. Of course if that is the look you are going for...
- Disappear and leave your guests to it. It doesn't look good. There has to be better times to disappear quietly and get on with your quest, surely.
- Don't engage in a "my type of magical being is better than your type of magical being" as the only outcome will be all out war, which will damage your world for centuries to come. Magical impacts take ages to heal up.
- Don't invite a dragon to launch the barbecue. They can rarely control their flames accurately and their idea of a barbecue and what is on offer at it will vary wildly from yours. You hadn't planned to be on the menu had you?
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.