- Are there dragons in your book? If not, why not? If yes, don't you think dragons are cliched? (It does all form part of the same question).
- Don't you think fairytales are twee and for little kids? (Definitely not and have you read Hans Christen Andersen, the Brothers Grimm etc?).
- Writing fantasy is all very well but the real genre in which to make money is crime, surely? (I love reading crime, I just can't write it).
- Why do you think no fantasy author has won the Booker? (Because some misguided people don't take fantasy seriously).
- You just put magic in it, there's no real plot. (I could put in a load of asterisks here to give some indication of the likely response to this but you could just add in your own swear words of choice here).
If you want to induce despair in your fantasy author of choice, you could do worse than ask at least some of the following questions:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.