- Simon Schama's History of Britain series. For gravitas and information. L'Evallier would not go near the Horrible History series.
- The Classic Fairy Tales by Charles Perrault, The Brothers Grimm and Hans Christen Andersen. Again, L'Evallier, like anyone from the Fairy Kingdom, would want to check we had the correct versions. (And L'Evallier would not go near Disney either).
- Biographies of Beethoven, Mozart etc. For general interest as L'Evallier does take an interest in classical music across the universes.
- Biographies of Van Gogh, Turner, Constable etc. Again for general interest as the arts, for L'Evallier, proves there is something decent about humanity. He also feels we need all the help we can get here.
- Guide books to the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace etc. Again for information and to see how our royals furnish their properties.
No real surprises here but L'Evallier would focus on non-fiction and the arts. He would read history series, books on the great artists, including musicians and would shun fiction (on the grounds he could not see the point of making things up. For the Fairy Kingdom, the fairy tales are real).
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.