- The Queen acceded to the throne centuries earlier than expected due to her mother's murder. Roxannadrell has responded with courage and dignity to this and has never complained, while relentlessly pursuing the one being she believes responsible for that death.
- The Queen organizes her working day well and while the paperwork is her least favourite task, she grits her teeth and gets on with it in a way even Eileen applauds.
- She loves animals of all worlds and hates any form of cruelty.
- Unusually for someone of her class and background, she is not snobby about art. She loves art, thinks photography is a good and welcome addition to types of art and is open to a reasonably wide range of music though her favourite is classical.
- She can see right through her Council and takes no nonsense from them. She handles them far better than Eileen does.
- She recognizes and honours courage when she sees it.
- She loves gardens and gardening and promotes the benefits of these (especially in terms of these being good for the mind. She certainly feels much better having planted loads of flowers out after a difficult day with the Council).
- She encourages the development of magic and takes a huge interest in this.
- She puts the Kingdom ahead of anything else. Her peoples sense this and welcome it.
- She is so honest even Eileen can be uncomfortable with that at times and there are very few who can say that.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.