- Magic Inspector. Think of this guy as the equivalent of the Inland Revenue inspector who decides to call in with little notice (so no time to prepare) and proceeds to cross examine you over every piece of magical equipment you own. Not a popular job.
- Magic Controller. Usually acting on behalf of the fairy government, this guy's job is to strictly control all who practice magic and to lay down the law on what can and can't be done. The naturally bossy souls love this job). Is the Inspector's boss basically.
- Writers of Non-magical books. Especially unpopular are any who try to tell the populace they don't need magic in their lives at all.
- Those who advocate exploring other worlds. This is kind of taken as an insult to the magical world itself. Why ever would you want to leave to go somewhere else?
- Sellers of anti-magic repellants of any kind. Witches etc see this as a challenge to their ability to curse someone and get away with it. They react by proving said anti-magic repellents don't work and to do something particularly unpleasant to those selling them.
So what would be the unwelcome professions in the magical world? My suggestions are:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.