- If you’re downtrodden, you’ve got a better chance than most of being a successful fairytale character but you must be patient and humble. No good getting irritated your fairy godmother hasn’t yet turned up. She will in her own good time.
- Never be unkind to a wizened old man or woman. They are likely to be powerful magical beings in disguise and this is a test of your character. In any event being unkind is a rotten thing to do.
- Normally bears don’t live in cottages or eat porridge but if you come across any that do these things, give them a wide berth. They’re still recovering from their last visitor.
- Always know where your food and drink come from. Be suspicious of apple sellers turning up out of the blue in your area. This has happened before and a certain amount of unpleasantness was the result.
- In the magical world, talking animals do exist. Try to avoid the ones that swear. (They’re literally an uncouth lot).
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.