- It's probably best not renewing your life insurance. Not exactly a confidence booster.
- Yes, there are savage beasts out there. Why do you ask? Basically this means you can't use this as an excuse to get out of whatever mission/quest you're about to be sent on. This means that this is the reality of life in this particular world. You just have to get on and deal with it.
- You will have a magical being to help you. On the face of it, this sounds like good news but what they don't say here is the one they are sending with you is probably someone they wouldn't be sorry to see the back of due to incompetence or because they are awkward. In fairness having this being accompany you should help improve your chances of survival but not so much that you can overturn point 1 in this list! Said magical being will be a target for the enemy, of course. Naturally that enemy will not worry if they kill you too.
- Are you selling up then? Can I have your antique ...... whatever is the desired object in question? See even your relatives and friends aren't expecting you to come back.
- You were specially selected for this assignment. This is not a compliment. It says you are (a) gullible, (b) expendable and (c) not popular with the powers that be that chose you. They want you to go away and if that involves the guy with the scythe and hooded robe, so be it.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.