Things best avoided in any fairytale world include:-
- Talking animals. They rarely have good things to say. Puss in Boots is cynical for a start and manipulates his new master. And as for the big, bad wolf, anything that is drawing attention to its big ears also has really big teeth and has every intention of eating you.
- Witches and wizards. How are you going to know in advance who are the good guys and who are not? You really don't want to find out the hard way.
- Mysterious Forests. These are always enchanted and rarely welcome strangers, Heaven help you if you have on you anything like an axe, fire lighting equipment and so on. The trees will ensure you never get to use them. They'll also ensure you never get to do anything again.
- Fairy godmothers. These are usually on a mission to help some ill treated stepdaughter somewhere and will not want you getting in the way. My Eileen always takes the views anyone in her way is probably helping her enemies by slowing her down so she zaps those doing this. People rarely recover from being zapped like that.
- Strange coloured roads. There is destiny at the other end of said road. Whether it's a destiny you want or is good for your health is another matter altogether.