- I wish interfering fairy godmothers would not turn up at the last minute and ruin my brilliant spells. Ha! Putting Sleeping Beauty to sleep for 100 years - what kind of numbskull spell is that?! (Other than a very annoying one for me that is...)
- I wish broomsticks were more comfortable to fly (all fairytale witches would think that).
- I wish apprentices wouldn't suddenly think they can "do" magic. It always goes horribly wrong.
- I wish people like Aladdin would just do as they were flamingly well told and hand over the grubby lamp. I still don't know what possessed the lad to keep hold of thing. I hadn't given any hints as to how powerful it is so how did he guess?
- Gingerbread houses are not practical in a downpour so I would wish for a way round that.
- Having eaten Red Riding Hood and her granny, I wish to digest my meal in peace. I don't need some interfering woodsman with an axe getting involved.
- I with my goddaughter would learn to tell the time properly - Cinderella's fairy godmother.
- Just this once, I wish there wasn't a happy ever after ending - all fairytale witches think this. They want the happy ending to be their idea of said happy ending. Trust me, it won't match what anyone else would define as one.
- I wish I could persuade Rapunzel to keep her hair short. Having hair that long causes nothing but trouble and it is showing off.
- I wish the cow hadn't jumped over the moon - it's done nothing for her milk yields. Cow's owner.
Everybody has a wish list (even if it is a short one). So from a magical character's viewpoint a wish list could look like this.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.