- You can use magic to get yourself out of trouble.
- You can zap your enemies away to the next world.
- If you're alert enough, you can raid a gingerbread house for sweet treats without the resident witch catching you.
- You can help others in their hour of need.
- You discover there is quite a bit you can do when equipped with (a) a magic wand and (b) a pumpkin.
- You can step in to modify a spell when an angry witch is unwittingly left out of the royal christening invitations.
- You have no problems dealing with any threat posed by a talking, big bad wolf.
- You will get plenty of opportunities to practice your magic given so many misuse their gifts for evil purposes and the Fairy Queen will be glad of every good magical being she can get to help her thwart these.
- The magical world always has plenty of job opportunities for those with powers who are prepared to use them for the common good. Assuming you survive, promotion will beckon.
- You're never bothered by insurance companies given they won't touch magical beings with a barge pole.
- The sensible beings will always treat you with respect. You do have to be mad to annoy someone magically powerful.
- The stronger the magic is in your world the less likely it is to be invaded by hostile alien beings as it will be able to defend itself well.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.