- Knowing I'm following in a traditional form of storytelling which is centuries old.
- Feeling I'm contributing, albeit in a small way, to that form of storytelling.
- Knowing I can write a happy or sad ending and it will be fine, as long as it is appropriate for the actual story.
- Being able to come up with larger than life characters. They're expected in fairy tales.
- Being able to come up with a justified conclusion. Most fairytales are fairly moral in their outlook so having the theme of "justice will out" suits both the genre requirement and my personal taste.
The joys of writing fairytales for me are:-
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.