- Not using the magical skills you have to the best of your ability.
- Not using the magical skills you have to improve the Fairy Kingdom in general, whether this is improving other lives or saving the realm from some monster, bad witch or wizard.
- Not using your magical skills to defend the Kingdom against external threat.
- Allowing your magical skills to fall into disuse.
- Using your magical skills for corrupt purposes (usually to enrich yourself artificially or to gain power by dubious methods, which is usually murdering other magical beings in your way).
- Allowing magic to become available to inferior species - humans generally. They cannot be trusted to use magic properly which is why the Kingdom won't let them anywhere near the real thing. They treat what we call magicians with contempt but see them as useful decoys.
- Leaving your world to live on an inferior planet (this is a specific dig at Eileen for defecting to live on Earth).
- Forgetting to recharge your wand or magical staff as required.
- Not keeping in proper contact with what is going on in the magical world via crystal ball and/or FNN. Ignorance is no excuse in the Fairy Kingdom either.
- Not knowing the original fairy stories off by heart.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.