- The map... (Volcanoes will be marked on this).
- Sufficient food and drink.
- A powerful wizard who can fight off magical foes for you.
- A guide (almost always has a mysterious past and will not have told you his real name/background but this goes with the territory and you will just have to accept it).
- Portable lighting which is not magic dependent. (You won't want some other magical being being able to extinguish this).
- The ability to create fire, again ideally without magic for the same reason as 5 above.
- Tough, practical outdoor clothing.
- Decent deodorants (you won't get to bathe very often and when you can you may find you don't want to if the water looks as if it might be enchanted/cursed/contains dead bodies).
- Your most loyal friend. You are going to need them (for those moments when you make a complete idiot of yourself. It is going to happen).
- The cursed magical object you've got to get rid of, the purpose of the quest in the first place.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.