- The Bible - everything from the emotions in the Psalms to the story and teachings of Jesus.
- The Lord of the Rings - for its scale and being under 5' I love the idea of a hobbit being a hero.
- Pride and Prejudice - for introducing me to wit in literature in the first place.
- Uncle Fred Flits By - to represent all of P.G. Wodehouse's wonderful writings.
- Reaper Man - to represent the much missed Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.
- To kill a Mockingbird - I remember the anger that the injustice in this novel roused in me.
- Day of the Triffids - Thanks to my English teacher, I discovered the joys of sci-fi.
- Oliver Twist - I first saw the Alec Guinness version, then read the book. Both are superb.
- The Daughter of Time - is the only novel to change my mind about the identity of a murderer.
- Murder on the Orient Express - My favourite Christie novel and an interesting dilemma.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.