- They have minions, millions of the little beggars, all just longing to carry out their boss's wishes (because they know full well they'll die horribly if they don't).
- They always want to tell you their plans in full so you know how clever they are. False modesty really is not a problem for these people.
- They either live in a cavern or a castle, strongly fortified and, strangely, very badly lit. It's not because they can't afford the electric. Bad lighting seems to be compulsory. It forms part of the atmosphere.
- They can't bear the thought of anyone being better than them in anything, especially magic.
- There's no such thing as a good magical meglomaniac.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.