- To always be better magically than any mere witch.
- To always be better in any department than any mere witch.
- To try and improve the range of creatures I turn offenders into - frogs do get a bit boring after a while.
- To study the natural world of other planets more as this will probably be a source of inspiration for 3.
- To remember glass slippers are amongst the most useless things known to anyone. What a girl wants to dance in is good, solid comfortable shoes. Research the spell now. You'll never know when knowing the right words (and not getting the translation wrong) will prove handy.
- To always be seen as the good "guy" no matter how often I lose my temper and prove bad fairy godmothers can be worse than a good witch. Significantly worse at that.
- To try to intervene sooner in ill-treated step-daughters' lives to avoid as much misery as possible.
- To be prepared for anything and not to be outwitted by a mere witch, no matter how hard she tries or whatever foul creatures she sends to destroy me.
- To improve my magic - there is always room for improvement.
- To learn to be more gracious when dealing with the public - they can't help being peasants after all. (NB: Fairy godmothers have never claimed to be nice).
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.