- Sidekick? What sidekick? Do you mean that guy who fell off the side off the mountain a while back? PAUSES. You didn't know? Really? Never a good start to a quest this.
- The talking animal is smarter than you are, especially if it's a cat. Annoying but true.
- You've got two routes to take: one is quick, the other involves danger and almost certain death. Guess which one you've GOT to pick... It is never ever the easy route (though most of those are never quite as easy as made out. Easy routes are set up for the gullible. It makes it easier for the intelligent villain to pick people off at will. At least with the dangerous route, even the villain has to go to some effort).
- Yes, there is vast gold. Yes, if you can find it, you can keep it. Yes, it is funny you should ask but it IS being guarded by a massive dragon. Yes, it does flame. It destroyed three villages yesterday. There really is no such thing as easy riches, especially in fiction.
- What do you mean, you can't read a map? You've GOT to read a map. You can't have a quest without one. Very true but also unfortunate for the cartographically challenged. There is no way round this. Take map reading lessons quickly.
I'm Allison Symes and I write novels, short stories as well as some scripts and poems. I love setting my work in my magical world, the Fairy Kingdom, and my favourite character is Eileen, who believes hypocrisy is something that happens to other people without caring that statement is hypocritical in itself! Eileen is huge fun to write for and about.